Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good cook award!

No way in Hell, I got an award for any kind of cooking. I'm not a bad cook, but according to my chefboy husband, I'm not good at all. I have been banned from cooking any type of chicken (doesn't stop me), and when I do cook it (that it turns out good), chefboy doesn't eat it. Okay, thats fine. He has a very discriminating palate.

So, it is a rare rare occasion that he compliments (with no prompting) anyone's cooking. (we only go to 2 different restaurants... and they aren't chains)... so the two people in the universe that have gotten chefboy awards would be.... drum roll please....

Christopher- my brother in law (I think its because he'll make curried goat)
and the NEWEST member of this elite club......

JOANNE!!!!! Yes, Joanne, has earned this honor with her apple ruhbarb pie, and her orzo/feta cheese salad. Out of the blue I hear (this morning) "Joanne is a good cook".. these are words I will never hear in regards to myself. So, Congrats to Joanne...

singing chef

To my other friends, many have come close (as in a certain person's cheese cake), so please keep trying! I know I am..

2 comments:

Jody said...

Hehe Yeahhhhhh!!! Wow do I get one of those cool gif thingys to display on my blog LOL. Well I'm very excited about this news! Tell chefboy he has very good taste =)~

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!!!

Hey, I think since Mr. John is such a wonderful chef (I really do miss those green beans, dang it....and his roast beef was delicious!).....we ought to let him cook for all of us again soon!

Marlene