Thursday, August 7, 2008

fingers crossed!

I've accepted an offer on my house, which many of you know. THe home inspection is Friday morning. Its not the price I want, but in this market, its the best I will get, I think.
Did I tell you all that my oaf of a neighbor had workmen park in my driveway to do all the work? two trucks, power tools, debris, and cigarette butts everywhere.what a mess. John went over there and told them to move, they did for the day. Then they kept it up. It took my realtor to call them, TWICE, to tell them to move out of my driveway, or the police would be called. They actually had the nerve to ask how she knew they were there- and she told them that their neighbors had told me. There hasn't been a recurrance, and hopefully now that a "under contract" sign is up, they will straighten their act up.
So, all I have to do is empty out the few things that are still in there (most of which I will sell at a huge community yard sale- at my sisters), and paint the front posts and garage door frame.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWSOME!!! That's great news! One less thing to stress about!!

Just Me said...

Good luck!!! Hope it all goes through ok.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! I know it has to suck, in this market to have to take a lower offer, but I know how long you've had it on the market and we're hoping for the best for you.

We decided we're putting ours on the market this spring and not hoping for anything, but want to see what kind of interest we generate once the kitchen is updated and the yard is re-landscaped.

I'm really hoping by next spring/summer the market will have bounced back a little.

Christina said...

good luck with that Auds! I have to laugh because I think you are the record holder of most moves in a 5 year time period!