Sunday, August 10, 2008

I need it to be autumn...

Every year at this time, I get the "summer blues". I am over the hot weather, humidity, and the sounds of thousands of crickets/locusts (whatever they are) at night. I don't enjoy the sun. Never have.. Let me rephrase that.. I don't like the HOT summer sun.
I only have 3 weeks left until I go back to work, Emma goes to her nursery class (as a "duckling"), and things can get back to normal to me.
In these 3 weeks, we need to empty out the townhouse, paint the posts and garage border, cut up the ugly china closet that I couldn't even give away on craigs list, and yet there hasn't been anything happening at this house. That totally has me bummed out.

My mother believed in painting everything white.. not a cream or eggshell, but ARTIC WHITE. None of these rooms in this house feel like home to me. They feel like my stuff in my mothers drab, white house. Her feelings were that because there are so many freakin trees around (which she would NEVER let my dad cut down when they were manageable), she would paint the house white to "brighten it up". This house is so white, its grey. The kitchen is WHITE. Countertops, sink, dishwasher, stove, and microwave. The cabinets are a pine color. wow. OH- I forgot to add that there is a blue rug in the living room.. lets add another color to make the house look grey.
I want nothing more than to grab a tin of paint.. something like a bright sage, or pastel yellow, or even a peach.. to at least do Emma's room.
I digress. I am ready for autumn.Ready for no airconditioning. Ready for the oranges, yellows and crisp weather. I am ready to be able to make chili, stews, and bake stuff (although you know how I cook- not bad for normal people, but to a chef- I am bad). I am ready to take Emma to the park without her coming home with a sweat soaked head. I am just ready to be me again.. as soon as I can make this house "our house".

2 comments:

Jody said...

Yeah I hear ya. But I Do love the hot summertime. I also love cool nights and sweaters. So hang in there! Christmas will be coming soon too lol.

Just Me said...

I hate HOT too. I love autumn...my favorite time of year!

Oh, and Joanne....shaddup about Christmas already!! LOL.