Wednesday, August 13, 2008

serenity


Never have I thought of a picture bringing a calming effect.. but this one has that effect on me. I think it is due to a combination of the colors and that it is of Oxford, where I have walked many times. It brings back memories of walking on my own in the early hours taking photos of the sights without the throngs of Japenese tourists... It takes me back to walking at this exact site with John as he walked me back to Harris Manchester College on one of our many dates.. It takes me back to taking that chilly stroll with Emma, showing her the place where mommy and daddy met, and her family lives. I only wish I could see Oxford in the autumn, with these colors. Although, I don't quite remember a tree there- maybe its an old picture and they have since cut the tree down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture is awsome. yuo've been invited to my dinner party!

Christina said...

you;re invited to mine!